- 250grams of fresh fettuccine
- 2T extra virgin olive oil
- 200 grams pancetta or smoked bacon (diced)
- 1 tub of The Pasta Company creamy white wine and garlic ( defrosted)
- 2 cups of full cream milk or cream depending on how rich you’d like the sauce
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1/2 cup pecorino (grated)
- sea salt
- cracked black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped Italian flat leaf parsley
Sauté the pancetta over a medium heat to render most of the fat from the pancetta, While the pancetta is rendering, add the tub of the white wine and garlic cream sauce with sea salt and black pepper to taste and whisk till it slightly thickens. Once it starts thickening add the 2 cups of cream or milk and whisk through again till it becomes slightly thickened.
Hint: Remember not to thicken the sauce too much as when the sauce cools and you add Parmesan and pecorino it will thicken up more so.
Bring water to the boil. Cook the fettuccine until al dente.
Drain the pasta and place into a serving bowl and then stir in the pancetta and cream and half the cheese to the pasta and fold through with fresh ground black pepper .
With the remaining pecorino and parmesan mix sprinkle over the top along with the finely chopped parsley.
Recipe by, Kerryn Saffioti.